Doctors of Conscious Sedation (DOCS)
Imagine not being afraid to go to the dentist. Imagine being able to accomplish all your dental care in as little as one appointment. This is what Sedation Dentistry can do for you. You’ll be able to smile with confidence and chew your food without pain. If you’ve been putting off years of dental work, Sedation Dentistry can change your life.
At Willow Dental Care our doctors and staff are DOCS trained.
Doctors of Conscious Sedation (DOCS) is an educational program that trains staff and doctors to learn to care for anxious and fearful patients with mild sedatives. Learning to listen is a very important part of the program. The training allows the team to understand that “It must have taken a lot of courage to call” and also to say: “You are not alone, many of our patients feel just like you!”
By learning from renowned faculty who are also practicing doctors, the training teaches a sedation protocol that ensures that your sedation session is safe, while making your dental treatment “forgettable”.
This protocol is strictly followed in each office.
- All patients are supervised at all times
- All patients are monitored at all times by a pulse oximeter that measures pulse and oxygen levels in the blood
- All health histories are cleared and confirmed
- To increase the patients immune system and assist with tissue recovery, a vitamin program is included in the sedation protocol
- Emergency procedures are updated and available: Defibulators, Reversal Agents, Oxygen
Over two million patients have already benefited from the training their dentists received from DOCS Education.
WHO IS DOCS?
DOCS Education consists of over 3,000 members committed to offering safe dentistry to all patients, including those suffering from anxiety. DOCS Education graduates have safely treated over 2 million patients across the United States and Canada. Since it’s estimated 30 percent of people fear the dentist, many individuals remain to be helped. All Willow Dental Care staff and doctors are DOCS trained.